Throughout life, we all go through our own journey. Some of us believe in fate and chance, while others rely on faith. We all face difficulties in our journey; they make us who we are. We can either choose to let it make us stronger or let it break us. In my opinion, I believe what I am going through right now is going to make me stronger in the end. I repeatedly have to keep asking God for strength, because I have been tempted to give up. My strength is weakening, my faith is on the rocks, and I have fears. Every day seems like a huge battle for me and I feel lost. I feel like I am stuck on this road leading me to my destiny. I do not know which road to take and I am nervous to take risks. I didn't used to be this way, but life brought these fears upon me. I do not want to be a failure. I do not want to be who everyone wants me to be. I want to be me, but honestly, I am scared to be me.

I am questioning my faith, but I believe it will help me in the end. I know God exists and He is amazing; however, I feel like an outsider. Many churches are still in that religious mind-set. They want that control and can't stand it when they do not have the power. In the past, religion was used for control, to keep people in line, and to fulfill selfish desires. When I say selfish desires, I mean that the Bible would be used to ban or promote issues for their own ignorance. God is always portrayed as hateful, greedy, and judgmental. Manifest Destiny, slavery promotion, and interracial marriage ban are just a few examples of that. Now, the Bible and God's name is being used as an excuse to hate anyone who is part of the LGBT community.

I am starting to question certain things and just ask a lot of questions in my head. I know for a fact the Bible was tampered with and is still changed to this day. For example, in the King James Version, it says do not put markings of the dead upon your body (Leviticus 19:28). However, if you look at other new versions of the bible, it says something different. It mentions tattoos instead. I find that odd. That is just one of the many examples I have seen that has made me believe the Bible is manipulated. Now, I do believe The Bible holds the true word of God. However, we need to admit there is evidence the Bible has been changed and is continuing to change.



Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.